A good alternative to drugstore facial cleansers are homemade cleansers that allow you to have control over the ingredients.
Here are some of the best natural homemade cleansers for oily skin.
- Take some olive oil in your palm and apply it to your face
- Massage thoroughly in circular motions
- Leave it on for a few minutes. Wipe it off with a warm wet towel
Use olive oil every day to cleanse your face. Olive oil is one of the best cleansers for oily skin. Experiments have shown that olive oil is quite effective in maintaining the pH balance of the skin. It is extremely helpful in drawing out impurities from within the skin. It nourishes the skin and does not leave it extra oily.
- Mix some orange peel powder with milk
- Using a cotton ball, apply this paste all over your face
- Massage the skin gently in clockwise motions and then anticlockwise for about five minutes
- Leave it on for another five minutes
- Rinse the pack off with lukewarm water
You can use this cleanser every day. Milk is often used to cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. It is said that Cleopatra used it for its wondrous effects. It contains natural enzymes and acids that cleanse, tone, and exfoliate the skin. The effectiveness of raw milk as a cleansing agent doubles when it is cold. Orange peel powder works as a pH balancing agent in this cleanser. It also controls the oiliness, tightens the skin pores, and unclogs them.
Honey And Lemon Cleanser
- Mix a teaspoon of honey and lemon juice. Add few drops of water to dilute as required if the mixture is too thick
- Apply this mixture on your face and massage for a minute or two
- Leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Rinse your face with plain water
Do this every night before going to bed. Honey and lemon are commonly available ingredients and make a potent combination for oily skin. While the citric acid of lemon makes it an ideal cleansing agent, honey works hard to nourish and hydrate the skin. Lemon also helps to bring down the excessive oil production by the skin with its astringent properties
Cucumber And Tomato Cleanser
- Grind a tomato and ½ cucumber to get a smooth paste
- Apply this paste on your face and let it sit for 15 minutes
- Wash it off with water
Use this refreshing cleanser every day. You may not have heard their benefits as cleansers, but cucumber and tomatoes are the most efficient cleansing agents available. Tomato cleanses the dirt and grime, lightens the skin tone, and reverses sun damage. Cucumber is an excellent cooling agent that renders extra freshness to your face. Together, they remove impurities from the skin and control the greasiness.
While home remedies are a natural and convenient way of caring for your skin, many luxury brands do have interesting healthy skin care options available. Shae’s Almond Facial Grains is one such example of a nourishing and natural face scrub, ideal for the winter dry skin.